Peacocking Done Right

by Editor on December 4, 2007

Grim has posted a very insightful comment about peacocking:

I find it funny the biggest complaint with Mystery is his clothing. Any woman who would judge solely on your clothes despite an amazing personality, charisma, and humor is not a woman worth dating. I say to hell with those types of women. Secondly, you have to know that Mystery goes for the more liberal type of women… What many people don’t know is that he prefers the stereotypical “club” type of girl. If you’re looking to pick up conservative women, then peacocking is probably not a good idea.

This is spot on. When pickup artists peacock, you should be doing it with congruency. That means, if you want to pickup a club, party, or “freaky” girl you should be peacocking appropriately for those venues. I would say typically look at what the “alpha” guys are doing in those scenes. We’ve all seen them, the guys in the corner that women seem to flock towards, or the guys that are constantly approached by these types of women. Take note and duplicate with your personality added.

For those guys looking for more conservative women, those women whom are working professionals, career women, students, and social circle friends, opt for a more conservative approach that will feel more calibrated for that woman’s personality.

You’ve only got one first impression, so don’t let your peacocking ruin it. Let it exponentially increase your successes!

{ 20 comments… read them below or add one }

A Dude January 16, 2008 at 5:35 pm

VERY good point, thank you. I hope many guys making their journey catch on to this notion. Within some of the forums and what not, it seems that there has become a sort of contest for just HOW outlandish you can get. I think the key word there is congruency. If rainbow colored slinkys on your arm and a sombrero aren’t kosher with your personality, I think that they really don’t have much to contribute to your success. Thanks again for posting this. I really enjoy your postings, keep up the good work.

Du Solier February 26, 2008 at 10:46 am

Oh well, tottally right.

I’ve always had a very good notion about clothing, grooming and fashion. So when I discovered the community, and based most of my game on an indirect game, and started to go out with other PUA’s, most of em’ were peacocked “mystery style” so uhmm, I never followed that way of dressing, I just didn’t felt COMFORTABLE with it.

Anyway, I found my own classy way to dress, without losing the peacock benefits. And it would be hard to describe it here, anyway. Just find YOUR style, one that you feel comfortable with, and peacock it from there.

Thank’s for the post man, keep up the good work.

Regards from Mexico City Lair.

Du Solier.

mark May 19, 2008 at 12:11 am

I watched his VH1 reality show, and I had two problems with it:

1) he made these men into something they are not by putting a costume on them.
2) canned openers that did not fit the personality of most of the contestants. It simply was not them so spew this crap from their mouths.

Hollywood July 3, 2011 at 12:33 am

You can diss the show all you want, but in reality it not only works but also turned the most socially awkward ppl on earth into freakin rocketeer.

Mistery July 28, 2008 at 6:48 pm

The whole point of peacocking, in my view, is to radiate high R (replication) and S (survival) values to any potential target.

I don’t know how Mystery thinks his unemployed and homeless magician look is going to do that?

That look, in my view, radiates low R and S values, and will attract women that themselves are low in those two scales and don’t think they deserve better. Like attracts like in mating.

pouria August 21, 2008 at 5:26 am

style is my idole nd im readin all of his books nd notes nd every single thing dat he ever wrote abt THE GAME nd let me tell u dis, it works even on d gurlz who kno d game better dan some guyz

Frank August 24, 2008 at 1:21 am

@ “Mistery”: Mystery’s look works (for him) because it is congruent with his personality. You have got to have a HUGE personality to be able to wear that stuff without looking like a clown. Exactly because it may seem like a DLV like you said, it is actually a DHV if you are able to pull it off congruently, because people (AMOGs for instance) will try to make fun of you or look for weakness behind the flamboyant exterior. As long as you have got something better to say and retain frame control, it becomes a HUGE DHV.

appolo September 4, 2008 at 12:59 am

Unlike the seduction community which only restricted Peacocking to clothing, Peacocking should not be restricted to just clothing. Peacocking can be defined as exhibiting ones’ attractive qualities (looks, confidence, sense of humor, intelligence,etc.)

If you watch animals, they don’t just display their beautiful feathers to attract mates, some of them sing (birds, etc). we human can do a lot more than that can we not?

Hollywood July 3, 2011 at 12:38 am

But that is not what PEACOCKING is, peacocking is showing that you are an interesting before the girl truly knows you…trust me, it sounds crazy but it works

daniel January 21, 2009 at 2:27 pm

I agree with this article 100%. I believe peacocking is not cool when guys go over the top & look stupid to put it bluntly. Mystery’s whole concept is pretty cool but when guys try copying his style, they usually fail horribly. That passage was from theartofpeacockin.com right? pretty cool book, it offers tips & examples etc but more importantly it explains WHY. When guys take it out of context it becomes cringe worthy.

Slightly off topic but did you guys see mystery’s live field footage – the holy grail? it sounds awesome doesnt it, but not soo much, at best he gets blown out almost every time & manages to make out with some party woman who is twice his age.

Dave May 28, 2009 at 9:10 am

Great article. When approaching conservative or professional women peacocking often becomes an obstacle you’ll need to overcome.

A very conservative girl I ended up dating told me when we first met she was really turned off by the rosary-type silver necklace I was wearing.. But she gave me her number anyway because she liked my personality.

So yeah, don’t peacock too much if you’re going for girls in business suits, for example. Just a little twist.. a ring, earring, bracelet, nice cufflinks, or just a tailored suit is more than enough in that situation.

Look at the situation & just add a little twist to whatever the norm is.

David Gideon

Karma August 3, 2009 at 1:23 pm

heres the thing…and i dont comment much but i am a student… i personally love mysteries style of pecocking, the thing is (as others have stated) is that his personality is big enough…im not saying i am like him but you fit it to your style…i personally love using things like harem (mc hammer) pants…but my friends form of pecocking is his boondock saints t-shirt…its what works for each person…find somthing that fits you well and that is pecocking

Tommy August 11, 2009 at 2:54 am

I think, peacocking is about presenting the girl with something she hasn’t seen before, a guy that is comfortable with himself and doesn’t let the outside world direct his life and lifestyle…
It also enables many interesting conversation topics… it’s a lot easier for a girl to open an interesting topic, if you yourself are interesting, … Maybee she’s gonna talk about that top hat, or the ankh patch on your knee, and maybee she’s gonna find something she likes….. and its gonna happen more often than with a guy in jeans and a plain white T.

Bill September 8, 2009 at 6:14 am

Good article. My friend once rocked a t-qualizer and while it was GREAT in a club environment and did well on the streets of the East Village, it was a total bomb in a chill dive bar.

You definitely need something to stand out, just make sure to keep it congruent with the venue and the women you are seeking to attract.

PickUp Artist September 26, 2009 at 11:16 am

I’ve seen that T-Qualizer Tshirt in a club in NYC last year. It was great, the guy had women all around him asking about it. Rock on!

Dr Deth October 5, 2010 at 8:06 pm

doods.. u r all soo gay. go get a job an a GF an stop jackin off.
fags already..! geez! rock-on fags! lol!

Frosti November 26, 2010 at 7:30 am

Yea good article….one thing to remember is that peacocking is an art form…it includes style, congruency, and personality….base your style off of your personality and make sure to act congruent with your style…for example, if you’re wearing a pink boa and top hat, you will most likely want to be an eccentric person, or at least give off that vibe….if you’re a more chill person, go for some stylish leather wrist bands for example….also, what you’re wearing depends on the situation and environment…at the clubs, wear more outlandish things; at a wedding, wear a fancy watch that stands out. Check out http://sargewear.com – they have lots and lots of good peacocking items and ideas.

john June 25, 2011 at 12:35 am

Peacocking, I wonder how many if you get the actual reference lol. Dressing right
is important yes and it’s a general requirement in all areas of life and more
importantly women, almost an extension of hygenie. I think the problem is with
these flirting tips is a hyper-focus on single elements that are suppoused to
acheive what you want. Having money, a successful career, peacocking, knowing how
to “talk” to women, knowing how to be charming, funny, knowing the subtle flirting
signs et cetra.
My point is really the old adage is just be yourself is true I think.
That the guys who are attractive enough but fail are the ones who lack self-
confidence and the fact that they are often aware of this creates a tremendous
pressue which only makes them come off as insincere and they then get rejected
however large or subtely just making it worst. So instead of trying to tweak your
personality to make it better why not just take the risk of showing the real you
and seeing how the chips fall. Maybe in the end you’ll get what you want feeling
satisified about your self and getting women.

Chris December 19, 2012 at 7:30 pm

To me

Peacocking is not about dressing out like Mystery himself. ONLY the idea of changing the way you dress into something more attentionpulling ( mature clothing in the abstract perspective to the eyes, it might draw more attention than the ADIDAS t shirt and the blue saggy pants? Its superficial of course… But you dont have to be James Bond where ever ya go!! Heck with that)

But some chicks dont give a damn about your looks. Only the personality.
Meeting the right person FOR THE NIGHT is like a roulette…. go out go out GO OUT!!!! You never know who your gonna meet later.

One axample….

Everyone knows that the peasoup is less attractive to the eye, than the 30 $ dish at the expensive restaurant, because we expect it to be F****** tasty, right?

But after tasting both.. Who says you wouldnt have chosen the peasoup in the first place? Peasoup looks warm and welcoming.. But the other one might look more interesting and adventurous? spelling (?) I believe so..

I think you get my point..

Update yourself …. But dont push it too far. I think it works different depending on where you live and how mature the girls are.

Don´t always be yourself, be your BETTER self. Take inspiration if you need. I do.
The best tip I can give you by short ( and a little bit luck) experience though I have low self esteem ( ironic huh?)

Be cocky, show no interest. TEASE her a little bit. She will notice you´re not try to win her over.
One of the biggest mistakes according to me.. putting your arm around her neck at once.

There are many tips that I follow…. Which I had no idea of.
My early friends long time ago had taught me wrong stuff for over 10 years, and they did the opposite of what I did, and knew about it…. and I had no idea.

Dave July 17, 2013 at 9:39 am

Yes have seen it work well in some situations for sure!