IOI – How To Tell If She Fancies You

by Blog Editor on March 20, 2007

We are surrounded by women all the time and some of these women are attracted to us. So many men wonder whether a woman is attracted to them or not. Women are much more subtle than men in the way they show their attraction. But once you know the secrets, you’ll always be able to tell if a woman is attracted to you. One of these should be enough to act on, more than one and it is a definite “go” signal! Here are the ways women show that they like you:

1. If She Wants to Speak to You:

-She points her feet towards you when standing up.
-She smiles, or looks away embarrassed when you hold eye contact.
-She jerks her leg in your direction if sitting down with legs crossed.
-She adjusts her posture – sits up straighter and holds in belly.
-She faces you with her hips/legs while sitting.
-She opens up her body language to you while standing.
-She brushes up against you unnecessarily when she passes.
-She looks at you twice before approach.
-She touches her hair when she notices you.

If you get one of these signals, go in and start a conversation with her. Your next goal is to take the interaction to a point where she wants to have a conversation with you. It might happen immediately or it might not. If you have approached without any of the above invitations, you should look for some of the below to know that she is interested in you.

2. If She is Interested in Extending the Interaction:

-She asks you questions
-She asks your name.
-She gives extended answers to your questions.

So now you know whether she likes you to the point of wanting to talk to you, but how do you know if she wants to get physical with you?

3. If She is Sexually Attracted to You:

-She strokes her neck when in conversation with you.
-She looks at your mouth.
-She tilts head to the side when speaking to you.
-Her pupils dilate.
-She laughs too much at your jokes, even when they aren’t funny.
-She is happy listening to you even when you are talking rubbish.
-She holds eye contact with you and doesn’t look around the room or at her friends. Note: if she is nervous and it is just not her character to hold strong eye contact, she could still be interested.
-She is comfortable with you touching her and invading her space.
-She shows willingness to leave her friends and stay with you.
-She laughs and hits you on the shoulder when you tease her.
-She looks at you in a dreaming kind of way.
-She asks if you are single.
-She says your name in conversation.
-She leans in to you.

Now that you know all the ways that a girl can show that she is attracted to you, you will be able to make the move and will stop having missed opportunities. It will increase your success rate by a huge amount.

{ 25 comments… read them below or add one }

joe May 30, 2008 at 6:48 am

oh man i havent realised that sophie benn doing most of that :)

Herbert September 7, 2008 at 7:48 am

My mom does all the above to me, am I in trouble?

gavin July 27, 2011 at 1:05 am

brendan December 21, 2008 at 11:52 am

I’ve just realized that every girl I’ve ever met has fancied me, I just thought those things were what girls did. Thanks, youve been very helpful.

Belinda January 18, 2009 at 5:37 pm

The whole thing translated from a women’s perspective.

1. If She Wants to Speak to You:

-She points her feet towards you when standing up.

…you’re standing infront of her feet, and will do it more so since you read this.

-She smiles, or looks away embarrassed when you hold eye contact.

…because you look like a peadophile.

-She jerks her leg in your direction if sitting down with legs crossed.

…see number one.

-She adjusts her posture – sits up straighter and holds in belly.

…because when you’re not around all women walk around like hunchbacks.

-She faces you with her hips/legs while sitting.

…not many people talk back to back.

-She opens up her body language to you while standing.

…politeness?

-She brushes up against you unnecessarily when she passes.

…you’re in her way. On purpose.

-She looks at you twice before approach.

…she has to, she can’t remember who you sre.

-She touches her hair when she notices you.

…you remind her of the creepy scene from there’s something about mary.

2. If She is Interested in Extending the Interaction:
-She asks you questions

…”Please, would you leave me alone?”

-She asks your name.

…The police will need it.

-She gives extended answers to your questions.

…She’s bored.

3. If She is Sexually Attracted to You:
-She strokes her neck when in conversation with you.

…She’s scared you’re a vampire.

-She looks at your mouth.

…brocolli in your teeth.

-She tilts head to the side when speaking to you.

…Her neck hurts, from touching it so much. Obviously.

-Her pupils dilate.

…drug addict.

-She laughs too much at your jokes, even when they aren’t funny.

…Nervous laughter

-She is happy listening to you even when you are talking rubbish.

…stop talking rubbish, after a few months her true colours will show and she’ll call you an idiot.

…or she couldn’t. stop clutching at straws.

-She is comfortable with you touching her and invading her space.

…you’re her gyneacologist.

-She shows willingness to leave her friends and stay with you.

…you’re her uncle.

-She laughs and hits you on the shoulder when you tease her.

…hits how hard?

-She looks at you in a dreaming kind of way.

…she’s dreaming, you’re sending her to sleep.

-She asks if you are single.

…she wants to set you up with her ugly friend with pet cats.

-She says your name in conversation.

…so she doesn’t forget it.

-She leans in to you.

…oh I don’t know.

desperation!

ivan January 20, 2009 at 4:11 pm

i hope this is a joke :D

Steve February 4, 2009 at 5:09 pm

Ok, so the woman who posted above is doing several things. She is:

1. Putting up a textbook bitch-shield. In this case, her conscious goal is to appear “above” or “too good for” this kind of meterial, but she has no clue that deep down, it’s an instinctive reflex that she’s using as a test to figure out which guy here has the balls to defy her nonsense logic, thus demonstrating himself the alpha and genetic resource.

2. Displaying a total lack of knowledge about how men work, and even MORESO, how *women* work. This could be a fake put-on used just to mock the material, or she could just be inexperienced. I have a sneaking feeling this chick might be 17.

3. Demonstrating a genuine discomfort with sexuality, especially male sexuality. This is subtle, and easily MOST important – not only is she trying to over-neg the shit out of this reasonably decent post, but she also tipper her hand regarding her massive discomfort with sexuality AND with attention from men. She repeatedly framed normal healthy masculine displays as “pedophilia,” and most tragically, she referred to a silly, light-hearted Hollywood visual gag about semen as “creepy.”

She’s probably one of those chicks who wears really loose, ugly, “unique” and “interesting” outfits — and she’s probably fat.

Nothing wrong with fat chicks, but if she acts like this, I have no obligation to be nice.

4. Telling us she has something to prove. Aw.

5. Begging for attention. This might sound contradictory to 3, but that’s usually how it works for a person that’s hyper-attentive to something — they want it deeply, and they fear it deeply, and both are blown out of realistic proportion. It’s the same pattern as anorexia, but with men in place of food.

Belinda February 13, 2009 at 5:58 pm

Dear Steve,

Not interested in anyone defying my ‘nonsense’ logic. Most of the points on this page ARE nonsense. I’m not interested in the ‘alpha genetic resource’ (Poor phrasing by the way) either, I don’t meet people off of the internet. My friend sent me this link (She was trying to find out, as a joke, if our friend, also a girl, fancied her) – Note lack of men. No alpha resource. Right?

Secondly – I do know to some extent how people work, it can all be summed up by saying people are not puppets that fit a set of rules on a website telling us how they’ll behave in certain situations. Although the whole thing I wrote was a joke, you seem to be getting a little frustrated. I’d also like to note that this page was clearly written for men in desperation clutching at straws so… (won’t say anymore). Oh, and I’m not 17.

Thirdly – I’m not uncomfortable with male sexuality. Once again, the whole thing was a joke. I think ‘most importantly’ – I loved that – that you seem really bothered with what I wrote. Hmm, what does this say about you?

I’d also like to add (not that’s it’s particularly important) I’m not at all fat. I’m quite attractive. But it made me laugh how you had to add that in there, it’s clearly projection.

Alright, :), most importantly the something to prove thing… I was bored. But the fact you felt the need to reply, all snobby and pretentious, and somewhat stupidly – to a joke, really does say you have more to prove than I do!

P.S You spelt ‘material’ wrong at the beginning.

op June 12, 2009 at 12:47 pm

thanks a paticular girl has been doing that to me for a year and ive just realized she fansies me .

Nathan June 19, 2009 at 1:11 am

HAHA Steve just got battered…. i think Belinda is older than 17, early 20s… ? But ya dude, you took it way to seriously.

I have to admit tho, these are very… general. Isn’t this just what women do on a whole?

Belinda June 30, 2009 at 3:43 am

Lol, I hadn’t checked the comments on this for ages. And yeah Nathan if I were you I wouldn’t really listen to it cos everyone is different, women can’t be grouped into one section and have someone say ‘they’re all gonna act this way’. If you think about it, sites like this are like reading horoscopes, if you want something to be there, it’ll be there. So you’ll start noticing the thing the girl does, but it might not be that she fancies you.

Ragman July 11, 2009 at 2:07 pm

@ Belinda

This post and these ideas are written and discovered by men who were successful with women and dating! And I do constantly see these things happening in real life

If men took women’s advice on dating and attraction, all would remain bachelors forever!

Prince July 25, 2009 at 2:41 pm

Its cool,i tried it & it worked

Alexander August 2, 2009 at 9:27 am

i’m a model for dior ,this happens to me everyday ,Belinda is from what she writes ugly or fat or ugly and fat ,girls do more than that they wanna lick your body naked sometimes this is maybe an euphemism of the reality .Belinda come down to earth! I’ve dated super hot woman none of them has your ego .You are going to explod one way or the other
Belinda shows her insecurity and lack of experience i have this feeling you’re a nerdy girl :( aaarghh
And you know that WE guys hate your kind of sarcastic girls .

Aaron September 15, 2009 at 11:55 pm

this is rather useful:) i needed this, because to be honest I thought the whole turning away with embarrasement might b due to being too ugly?? but ive been told im attractive etc, just need mre self belief i guess ey :(

badwulf November 26, 2009 at 1:25 am

lol @ Belinda’s updated list. Very Dry :-)

Cmon guys… lighten up! afterall it was only a JOKE!

Jordan February 21, 2010 at 11:42 am

whattt…every girl that i’ve found out fancies me ran away at the start =/ i used to think it was because i was scarey or because i’m english and i live in france but they did do the other things so ROCK ON!!

anonymous February 21, 2010 at 2:29 pm

LOL!!! This is so funny…..I think a womans perspective on this matter is very important as they will know whats going through thier minds…any ways, just wanted to say that all of the above happens to me all the time…so im just a bit confused…i think its just something women do, i would have to agree with belinda…

NthDegree February 27, 2010 at 10:28 pm

@ Belinda: OMG OMG OMG OMG TROLL! Did you even read the headings? No-one said these things are indicators of her wanting to hump some guys leg….

—-

For those who doubt the validity of this post, here’s an explanation of the reality of a few from section 1.

“-She points her feet towards you when standing up.”

This applies to body language generally. When in a professional/non-personal capacity, most people use passive body language. Just try to visualise a person talking to a client and that same person talking to a colleague – you’ll notice the difference. There is no implied attraction, but this is in an indicator of potential communication on a more personal level.

“-She smiles, or looks away embarrassed when you hold eye contact.”

Indicator of openness and willingness to talk. Whether or not it may be considered an IOI depends on whether the smile is real, based on the emotion of the moment or not.

“-She jerks her leg in your direction if sitting down with legs crossed.”

If she does this it means she wants to communicate with you actively, as in actually have a proper conversation with you.

joh duffy April 1, 2010 at 3:05 pm

i had a look at these before and i just reconized how many stuff this girl called aimee does and now im going out with her it helped a lot i woud recommend lookin at vis list

dude007 April 9, 2010 at 3:23 pm

i do think that the advice given here is on how women may act in general if they like you, not all mind you, and as stated proffessional women will use this form of body language when talking to you in order to put you at ease and make her easier to converse with in a way without being too distant, a lapdancer at a club will use the same method when talking to you in order to get a dance out of you, unfortunately this doesnt mean she really likes you, she just wants your money, but socially yes if a girl shows any of these signs she might just actually like you, but dont take it for granted,

Ed Pacheco July 15, 2010 at 2:58 pm

I had a woman do this to me and I was scared . I haven’t been in the dating pool in a long time. I am married but I guess she caught wind that the wife and I were having problems. I must say I was and still quite flattered . She is taller than me which makes all the more exciting. I know it is wrong but sometimes you cannot help being atttracted to someone else. They say the heart wants what the heart wants I dunno

Troy D October 17, 2010 at 5:45 pm

Here’s a refreshing perspective on attraction IF you’re unsatisfied with just opening and actually want to close. Comments would be gladly accepted.

Alvera Sievertsen March 27, 2012 at 12:52 pm

Usually I don’t learn post on blogs, but I wish to say that this write-up very compelled me to check out and do it! Your writing style has been surprised me. Thank you, quite great post.

A Girl September 19, 2012 at 7:12 pm

OMG! I came on here to make sure i dont do any of these things to give it away but now im thinking of writing them down and doing them to see if he realises!! LOL